Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shilpa Anand Interview - Dr Ridhhima Gupta

I face things as they come: Shilpa


Shilpa Anand - Dr Riddhima Gupta
Hardly had she dreamt of becoming an actress until acting just happened to her.

A software professional otherwise, Shilpa Anand is gaining all the attention on the small screen these days for her character Dr Riddhima in serial Dill Mill Gayye . We caught up with this pretty gal when she recently paid a visit to the city.


So how has been her experience on TV like?

“It has really been great. I am just enjoying my work though the hours are very long. But I don’t feel that it’s my first time on television. That’s also because my co-stars are quite supportive,” she says.



Wonder why this switch from being a software professional to an actor?

“Making a career in acting was not a deliberate decision. It was actually on the insistence of some of my friends that I started taking modelling assignments which gradually led to getting film offers from the South, which I accepted. Down South my work even received a lot appreciation. And that’s how my journey in this line began. But at the moment I’m happy working on small screen as it has really raised my popularity graph.”



But with so many fresh faces on screen, we ask her what would make her stand apart from them?

“See, each actor has his own style of acting. So do I. At the same time I keep working to improvise my acting skills so that I can stand apart from my small screen counterparts.”

Having done modelling too, we next ask her, what does she prefer between modelling and acting and she takes off, “There is a big difference between the two. In modelling one needs to be focussed for you have the responsibility of endorsing a brand while in acting the attention is shared by the other co-stars as well which makes it a bit convenient for the actor. Therefore I feel acting much easier then modelling.”


What plans for the future?

“See I don’t believe in planning things for future. I face things as they come. But yes I would definitely want to grow as an actor and that people know me for my acting. Be it comedy, romantic or thrillers I would like to try all of these and show my versatility.”

As she readies to leave we shoot one last question. What’s Shilpa doing when not acting? “Acting is a hectic job. So whenever I get time you’d find me sleeping. Also in order to maintain my figure and keep myself fit going to the gym is a part of my routine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment